Grace Christian School holds membership in the Georgia Association of Christian Schools (GACS) and the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS). Each year, Grace Christian School participates in Fine Arts competition through the GACS.
As stated on their website, the purpose of GACS Fine Arts Competition is:
- To serve as a vehicle for the development of God-given talents and abilities.
- To provide an opportunity of fellowship in areas of mutual interest for the students in GACS schools.
- To provide beneficial activities to GACS member schools and thus help to achieve the goal of excellence in Christian education.
- To aid in the teaching of Christian character in students in GACS schools through the development of discipline, perseverance, appreciation and respect for others, courage, poise, maturity, and other traits which can bring glory to the Lord.
- To glorify God by serving as one aspect of the training and education to which our Christian schools are committed.
Fine Arts competition is offered to elementary students in grades 4th – 6th, junior high students in grades 7th – 9th, and senior high students in grades 10th – 12th. If senior high students place first at the state level in any event, a position is secured for them at the national competition hosted by the AACS several weeks after state competition.
Fine Arts is divided into five main categories. These categories are Bible, academics, music, art, and speech. Included with this document is a further division of these categories into their individual events. Students may sign up for these events as early as August, but no later than October, to ensure the most productive and efficient preparation for competition. School personnel will do their best to accommodate practice time for all students involved. State competition is held at the beginning of March, and national competition is held at the beginning of April.